The Yakama Nation’s Upper Columbia Habitat Restoration Project is requesting bids for construction of the Newby Narrows Fish Habitat Enhancement Project. The project will involve all work elements and specifications found in the Project Plans, Special Provisions and associated documents attached to this bid packet. We will not be arranging a pre-bid walkthrough for this project.
Bid packets must be received at the address listed below, by Close of Business on Thursday, May 4, 2017 In order to be eligible for award of contract.
All contractors submitting bids for this project shall provide and/or demonstrate, at a minimum, the following:
- A complete bid sheet.
- A list of experienced equipment operators that will be on-site during project construction. Please provide details of their work on in-stream habitat enhancement structures within the past several years.
- A detailed Project Approach narrative which includes at a minimum the construction timeline of proposed project sequencing, estimated beginning and end dates for each work element and demonstrate project completion within the permitting work window.
- Provide shop drawings of the bridge crossing and wet crossing strategy. Suitable options for the wet crossing include “Mats or off-site logs placed in the stream” per HIP III permits.
- A list of key pieces of heavy equipment that will be used in the construction of the project and associated standby prices per day.
- Davis Bacon Wages apply to this contract. The winning contractor will adhere to the Davis Bacon rules and submit all necessary paperwork to the Yakama Nation.
- The Yakama Nation is exempt from state taxes on this project. Please see the attached Treaty Fishery Exempt Cover Letter and Treaty Fishery Exempt Certificate. The winning contractor will receive signed copies for their records.