Request for Proposal - Pineywoods Construction
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
RFP Open Date: October 16, 2023
Site Visit Date: By request
Proposal Due Date: November 30, 2023
The Yakama Nation’s Upper Columbia Production Project is requesting bids for the construction of a new and enclosed building in 2024.
This project is designed to construct a new forty foot wide by thirty foot deep, single slope enclosed building. This project will take place at the Yakama Nation Fisheries Office located in Twisp, WA. All work on this project will be directed by Yakama Nation's Designated Representative, Kraig Mott. Project Tasks are itemized below.
- Task 1 - Permits, Plans and Applications
Description: Contractor will have applied for the Site Analysis Application with Okanogan County. Contractor will have all permits and building plans completed and in-hand.
- Task 2 - Building Materials at Site Location
Description: Machinery, building equipment and tools, lumber, roof trusses, steel roofing and steel siding are on-site. Work has begun.
- Task 3 - Structural Completion
A 40' x 30' x 13'-6” (W, L, and H) building is to include:
- Two electric 12' x 12' overhead electric doors
- Four vinyl windows (4'x3'); two on the east and west sides of the building
- Three foot overhangs with soffit vents on the north, east and west sides and a two foot overhang with soffit vents on the south side
- Eight 20 Amp 120 Volt outlets, one 50 Amp 240 volt outlet, install a 100 amp 120/240 volt breaker box and 100 Amp 120/240 volt panel
- Eight inside overhead LED fixtures and two exterior LED fixtures
- Two hollow metal entry doors; 3’-0”x7’-0”
- 5” thick reinforced concrete slab with gravel base
- Walls to be insulated
- 6” drain inlet w/sump. Slope pipe (2”min.) to dry well. 4” PVC drain pipe sloped to pump out tank
- Contractor shall install and match new exterior metal siding and metal roofing in color to existing building siding
- Contractor shall provide metal drip flashing over all openings, match existing, and provide caulk for weather tightness
- Contractor shall provide backing and blocking in partitions for all wall mounted mechanical, electrical, fixtures and accessories, i.e. casework, fire extinguishers, door stops, shelving, wall bumpers, corner guards, equipment racks, special signage and similar items. The use of hollow wall anchors and toggle bolts are not permitted.
- Breaker box is installed and power to irrigation box is connected.
- Task 4 - Clean up
Description: Clean-up and removal of any waste is complete to include nails, screws, metal, wood, insulation, any and all waste from construction.
For any questions concerning this RFP, please contact Kraig Mott, firstname.lastname@example.org and 509-670-1086. The Yakama Nation will be accepting bids for this project beginning Monday, October 16, 2023 and closing Thursday, November 30, 2023. Only hardcopy proposals submitted to Yakama Nation Fisheries via parcel delivery service or postal mail will be accepted. By the close of business on November 30, 2023, each contractor must have completed and submitted a comprehensive bid sheet and that all bid prices will be valid for 180 days. All construction work must be completed by December 31, 2024. All competitive bid materials must be sent by delivery service or postal mail to the address below. Courtesy email noting time of mailed delivery with attached electronic copy of the proposal to email@example.com.
Attn: Tana Hoptowit
RE: Pineywoods Construction
P.O. Box 151
Toppenish, WA. 98948
(Hand Delivery/Shipping: 401 Fort Road, Toppenish, WA 98948, Room 8)
- The Yakama Nation is exempt from state taxes on this project. Please see the attached Treaty Fishery Exempt Cover Letter and Treaty Fishery Exempt Certificate. The winning contractor will receive signed copies for their records.